Wednesday, September 9, 2009




















I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. We sure did. My mom came up for a visit. We made fried apple pies from the last of the sun dried apples that my grandmother and great grandmother dried years ago. They were very good. It's always neat doing things like that. It helps Caitlin and Kristen remember when we did the same thing with MawMaw before she died. We took lots of pictures. We also went to the creek and had a great time there also. I didn't do much because I broke my foot a little over two weeks ago. I turned my ankle and fell going down my back steps on the way to a funeral. I am currently wearing a walking boot. I have another drs appointment on the 16th. I hope everything is healing well. It still aches and swells some but it is getting better and better. Hopefully, it will heal properly and I won't have to have a pin put in it. The girls have been very helpful. Caitlin and Kristen have cooked several meals for me. Sarah even cooked Spaghetti Sunday after church. It was her first time cooking. She made the sauce. She cooked the ground beef and everything. I was so proud and surprised that she stuck with it and finished it.

The girls began another school year on August 10th. They are all doing well. Caitlin is in 10th, Kristen is in 6th and Sarah is in 2nd. Sarah, like Caitlin did, has struggled some with reading but she is rapidly improving every day. Caitlin is taking some exciting subjects this year including Home Econimics and Spanish. She is wanting to begin Photography and Art and Design but we haven't decided if we want to to those this year or next. At her current rate she will only have to take one subject Senior Year to have enough credits to graduate so she is a little ahead.

I can't believe that summer is already almost over. We went back "home" to the Outer Banks for our vacation this year. We really enjoyed seeing everyone again. We had a great time. We did some things that we never got to do while we lived there. We camped on the beach one night that was alot of fun. We visited several lighthouses, rode the ferry two times and even had an Outer Banks style cook-out!

Kristen and Sarah joined the CIA this summer. (Christians in Action) They travelled around to local churches singing. They really enjoyed it though they missed being at our church. I think they will do it again next year.

Caitlin and Kristen both went to camp this summer. Sarah isn't quite old enough to go yet. They both had a really good time. Next year Kristen will be old enough to go to the youth camp. She is really excited about that.

Fall activities are fixing to kick into high gear. We are having a tailgate party this Friday before the football game. FCA groups from both schools are going to work together preparing food. We also have several activities coming up at church. We are putting together a talent show which will be held sometime in October. We also have a block party on Halloween. Not to mention, it's almost time to start practicing for this year's Christmas Play and Christmas Concert! :) The end of the year will be here before we know it. This year has went by really fast. It has been a good year.

Stay tuned for the next undate! Maybe it won't be so long between updates next time!








No comments: